Tuesday, May 5, 2009

My Pets!!!





Just wanted to post a quick blog about the little critters that reside with me and my dad.
I'll begin with the oldest, my cat. Her name is Shotzie, which is sweetheart in some language. She will be 14 years old this October. I rescued her from near death. When I found her, she was the ugliest thing. She had ear mites, was full of fleas and her left eye was swollen. Being the huge animal lover that I am, I quickly fell in love with her. We took her to the vet, got all that we needed for her and we had a new addition to the family. Within the past 13 years, she has already used up most of her nine lives. People would think we were crazy for the amount of money that has been spent on her. She is now in her "Golden Years" and really doesn't do much. She has become a fat,lazy cat.
My next set of pets are my 2 German Shepherds, Venus and Apollo. I have always had shepherds in my life for as long as I can remember. They are good watch dogs and I love them dearly as well. The male is the darker one and was the oldest. Apollo recently passed away, but I felt that I had to include him in this blog b/c he was part of the family.
And finally there is the newest of the bunch, Ms. Paris Hilton who just turned 1 this past December. My mom named her. Funny thing about her is that she has her papers and is AKC registered as a Yorkie, but somehow seems to be too big to be one. Mom always said that she was bigger because she was Texas sized. They told us that she can't be used to show b/c her ears never went up but we never intended to have her in dog shows anyway.
So those are my pets. I love them and they all bring such joy to my life!!

3 comments:

  1. Ahh pets, sweet little creatures of God who love you unconditionally! Sorry to hear about your loss of Apollo. I like that Texas-sized, thats cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw! They're so cute. Aren't pets the best? Actually, like you said..they're members of the family. I know I wouldn't have gotten through some very tough times if I didn't have kitty to "talk" to. I love the chiwiennie too but she's a year old so she wasn't here to assist my kitty therapist...

    ReplyDelete