Friday, May 8, 2009

Family = Laughter

Tonight I did something that I have not done for a long time, I laughed until my side hurt and tears filled my eyes. I was at home with my dad when the phone rang. It was my favorite aunt from my dad's side inviting us to go eat dinner. So my father and I got ready and went to go meet her and my cousin at The Golden Star Restaurant. It was pleasant. We ate and talked about our day. And then it happened....it all started with American Idol. Now I will not go into details and specifics b/c alot of the things that were said included inside jokes about family members and I'll be honest with you, that is a whole other blog. We talked about American Idol, Susan Boyle, Robert Pattinson playing a gay man and my dad thinking that he got the Swine Flu last weekend.

My point is that it has been awhile since I've laughed so hard. I mean really let myself laugh to the point where tears were flowing and my side was hurting. It may not seem like a big deal but it is too me because I don't find myself laughing as much as I use to. Especially since the passing of my mother. Oh my God, I am not gonna lie, it has been hard. There are days where I feel so empty inside and days that I feel fine. Sometimes I feel weird thinking that I shouldn't be laughing, but then I know for a fact that my mom wouldn't want that. But it has gotten a little easier to laugh, which is the whole purpose of this post. I have learned that I shouldn't take my family for granted and know that they are here for me and my father. Laughing is a good thing.

2 comments:

  1. Im glad for you, hearing how much you laughed even made me laugh. Im sorry to hear about your loss, & i hope that the laughing gets easier for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry for your loss. I'm glad you're feeling a bit better and that being able to laugh is something that's getting easier for you to do.

    ReplyDelete