Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day

Today I wanted to make a blog and dedicate it to my dad! I want to begin by sharing a special memory of my father.....
When I was little, I had a doll that was very special to me. This was the one doll that I did everything with. Anyway, we were in Germany at the time and had gone on a tour to Spain. Naturally, I took my doll with me (I was 8 yrs old at the time). When our trip was over and we had returned back home, I realized that I had left my doll on the tour bus. I was devastated. Seeing how much my doll meant to me, my dad decided that we would go back to the bus station and get my doll. When we got there, they told us that the bus driver had already left for home - this particular bus driver owned the bus so he had taken it with him - and that he lived 300 mi from where we were. So clearly, my whole world was shattered, I was never gonna see my Cabby (that was her name) again! And then it happened, my dad saved the day. My poor father was so tired from our recent trip but he decided anyway that we would go ahead and make the trip to this man's house to get my doll. We didn't even go home, we left from the bus station. We made the long trip to the bus driver's house and when we finally got there, I was reunited with my doll.
This may not seem like a big deal to some people but to me it is. When this story has been told in the past, alot of people have said that they wouldn't have done that. My dad is a unique person. He is very kind hearted and doesn't have a mean bone in his body. I always feared my mom more than my dad. Put it this way, my father has never raised his voice at me. A few yrs ago he yelled at me for something and it was such a shock to me that it made me cry! It literally broke my heart that my dad yelled at me. It was funny b/c after seeing how much it hurt my feelings, my dad felt bad. I just wanted to share how special a person my father is. This is for you poppa, I love you and hope that you have a wonderful Father's Day!

1 comment:

  1. That is so beautiful, and a really touching story about ur dad! Send a big "Happy Father's Day" from me! He seems to be a wonderful man who deserves such a beautiful and kind daughter like yourself!

    ReplyDelete